Saturday, March 21, 2009

Dream Journal Entry 1 or Trip Report: Going to Sleep Last Night or "sweet I'm gonna eat this big ass brownie"


Contents of dream in stream of consciousness writing:


first of all I'm dead
but they have found a way to revive me
it involves a boat somehow
a big boat, like a deluxe crusing boat with a cabin you can go in underneath.

But we were on the very front of the boat, almost too far so that I felt like I was going to fall out.
We started moving forward and we reached out towards the water to pull someone out but then there was a flash of light as we grabbed someone out of the water and we were moved to a different place and possibly different time.
an essential part of being revived wad reliving all of my childhood in order somehow
but it would only be certain things and they would all happen in the span of a few days from my perspective. I knew I would be playing sports on the first day and then stuff having to do with music on the second day
also I think i died because I ate old chinese food
it was left out for a couple days and I came back and I ate it
there was some shrimp that I said whatever I'm sure it's fine
a real shrimp situation
so after I was dead somehow my family was talking to me
they were telling me how they were going to revive me

this was all a part of this other insanely crazy thing
where liam neeson

was playing the piano and I was an omniscient observer to this
when he would play the piano the house he was in would dance and light up like magic
on the day liam and his wife were going to show their daughter the secret of the magic
Liam rigged the house to light on fire when he played a certain chord
so he showed the daughter the magic, but somehow it was haunting him so he decided he would show her
but not allow her to be able to harness it, so he played the chord and the entire house went up in flames
but the wife somehow had figured this out so she held them all in the house to suffer the consequences (AKA die)

so I remember seeing that at some point, possibly early on in the dream, definitely before death by chinese food
then when I was actually in the dream that house was fine and the family with Liam neeson was fine
that might have just been a preview for the real dream coming up???


anyway, so I died and they're telling me how they will bring me back
somehow I was reading some magazine that was explaining future tech (like a popular mechanics type magazine)
this detailed a space resort for Disney World that was in the planning stages
it sort of looked like the floating hotel from The Fifth Element where the majority of the action takes place (like the diva concert)

also a amphitheatre that connected with your soul or some crazy shit and played concerts in 4-D, manipulating time and space

so I was dead but I was transported back to myself when I was 12 years old
I was in a gym, wearing gym shorts and a t-shirt, getting ready to play basketball
when I looked in the mirror though, I looked like Danny McBride. It was a lot like quantum leap
so these two guys were talking to me and telling me what I had to do, which was relive childhood experiences so there were these four girls bouncing basketballs to lines of guys lined up there were four lines of guys and they were grouped sort of by age
pre-teens in one line, adolescents, 25-50 year olds, and old as fuck dudes
the girls bouncing the balls were all really young though
of course the gym we were in was impossibly large, like a gym they could build a spaceship in but that's neither here nor there
so I looked out and saw this but I was of course confused as to which line I should choose, the middle aged line or the preteen line
but before I could choose someone I work with at the Census runs up to me from an impossibly large staircase entrance to the gym and asked me "Is it possible that you signed up for the bass drum in middle school?"
and I flashed back (in the dream) to an assembly in elementary school where they demonstrated all the instruments
and I actually was somehow intoxicated by the sound of the clarinet so i decided on the spot to play that

so I told the guy from work it was highly unlikely but that possibly I played it for a few days in middle school
then as he was running up to the impossibly large staircase (I mean large not that the indivudual steps were large, but that there were thousands of people on it and it was hundreds of stories up and down)
but before he was out of earshot I called to him, "WAIT! I played the bass clarinet in middle school for a year or two!" He nodded and ran off again.

I think it's important to note here that I thought that if I messed anything up I would somehow not be able to be revived, so everything had an extra little bit of intensity.

So I turned my attention back to the gym and I realized I was holding a big ass brownie in a ziplock bag. Since I was dead I was like, "sweet I'm gonna eat this big ass brownie."
This was before the actual lines of people were fully set up, they were still forming. So I run across the impossibly large gym and sit in the impossibly large locker room with impossibly large man-sized lockers and eat a little bit of the brownie. I was sort of hiding the brownie and eating it, I'm unsure whether it was out of selfishness for this brownie or out of the shame of eating it. A few people walked into the locker room but they didn't really pay any attention to me.

So I was done eating some of the brownie and I ran out to the now in progress activity going on on the basketball court. The lines of pre-teens and adolescents were impossibly long, but there were only 3 people in the middle aged line and 4 or 5 people in the old as fuck line. So I got in the middle aged line. And people bounced the basketball to me but since the court was so large no basketballs ever really came to me. Sometimes rebounds would end up in the middle between the girls bouncing the balls and the lines of guys. So a few times I ran out to go grab one, but I would never get there in time to beat a younger person or one of the girls that ran out to grab it. Before I even had a chance to shoot a basketball,

I woke up.

context:


This dream happened on a friday night at about 3:00 AM
I woke up at about 1:30 PM.
Events in the stream of consciousness go from beginning to end, so the events at the end are much more fleshed out as I remember them more clearly
I was drinking the previous night as well as playing resident evil 5 (drinking triggers more vivid dreams[?])
I ate chinese food the night before, and it was really spicy (I have heard spicy food triggers more vivid dreams)
I had worked 40+ hours the week before and gotten little sleep the night before, so I was due for a long sleep
Liam Neeson's wife Natasha Richardson died this week (RIP, mourn ya till I join ya)
most of the things in the dream were based fully in real events, the clarinet story and the bass clarinet playing
the dream is loaded with symbolism, some of which is extremely obvious

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home