Saturday, December 27, 2008

Trip Report: Wal-Mart

Hey all, just writing today to tell you how great my trip to Wal-Mart was! Now that I'm finally 25, I went by myself to America's greatest superstore without my dear Mother and Father. As all my loyal readers know, I've been preparing for this day for a long time now. Although we did leave the compound from time to time, we were always blindfolded and given "sleepy shots" in order to make it easier to move us. Up until a few years ago I thought the Today show was just across the street! The world of America is truly a huge and wonderful place. But enough about that, I know my quiverfull readers can't wait to hear about going to Wal-Mart solo!!!

It. Was. AMAZING! Did you know they have a Mac Donald's Restaurant right inside!? There is almost nothing you can't buy inside, from clothing to shoes to televisions to devil music! I made sure not to do anything bad inside, I don't want to go back in the dark punishment room and have to drink salty milk from the big straws again. It seems like any time I did anything wrong that would be my punishment! Well no more, I think I really learned my lesson.

I walked around and followed the list Mother and Father had prepared for me. I made sure to check off each item as I got it. I had to ask for directions around the store a few times, that place sure is big! Once I gathered all of my things, I pulled out the envelope that Mother and Father had given me filled with rectangular green paper. It seems like I didn't have to do anything but hand Enrique these pieces of paper in order to take all of these things out of the store with me! Enrique even gave me some silver and copper back in exchange for my "magic green barter paper" (that's the name Matthew and Mark came up with after I had shared stories of my adventure with them).

Well dear Innernette readers I hope you enjoyed the story of my travels! I'll write to you again soon. Goodbye!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home